CLT Network Training Event, 11 July 2011 - Cambridge
Introduction to CLTs, 11 July 2011 – SmartLIFE Centre, Cambridge
This practical and authoritative one-day training course on Community Land Trusts organised by the National CLT Network and Foundation East is an introduction to how to set up and run a successful CLT.
The course is ideal for communities wanting to do a CLT as well as local authorities, housing associations, developers, enablers and consultants who are working with communities.
By the end of the course, delegates will develop a practical understanding of the following:
- The opportunities for CLTs with the Localism Bill
- How to engage with communities and enable community-led development
- The essential steps to setting up a CLT
- Legal structures and governance
- Pre-development funding and development finance and funding
- Partnership opportunities between CLTs and housing associations/developers
- Phil Rose, Foundation East
- Bob Patterson, Community Finance Solutions
- Simon Randall, Winckworth Sherwood
- John Rest, Homes for Wells
- Dave Smith, East London CLT
- Anthony Brand, Homes and Communities Agency
Voluntary organisations: £30
Public/private sector: £139
*25% discount on the above rates for members of the CLT Network *
The event will take place at the SmartLIFE Centre, Cambridge. Mini buses have been arranged to pick delegates up from Cambridge Rail Station.