Who can claim Community Investment Tax Relief? | FAQs | Our loans | Foundation East

Who can claim Community Investment Tax Relief?

Community Investment Tax Relief (CITR) can be claimed by both companies and individuals if they have invested in CITR shares with an accredited Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI), such as Foundation East.  

To obtain maximum tax relief under the Community Investment Tax Relief scheme, investors must hold the investment for at least five years.

All individuals and any company that is a registered corporation (i.e. Limited Company, Charitable Incorporated Organisation, Registered Society) can claim Community Investment Tax Relief, which reduces their income tax or corporation tax liability.

You can purchase two types of shares in Foundation East, CITR and Ordinary. Only investments in CITR shares are eligible to claim Community Investment Tax Relief. 

You can find more information about investing on our Invest page.


Did this answer your question?